Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Hunt for Easter Eggs

For this piece
I purposely distorted the Easter Eggs, and I did this for a couple of reasons.

1.  I love abstraction
2.  In addition to paying homage to the Easter holiday, I wanted to incorporate the metaphorical term, Easter Egg, which is used in certain video Games.   The Easter Eggs in video games can be objects, codes that a player either hunts for and finds or accidentally stumbles upon.  In these eggs, a new level, some special attribute etc..is found…

I feel they add an extra dimension to the game-play but they also provide the metaphor for those things hidden below the surface, below the exterior.  Those things which are either hidden and must be sought out or are items that one can never find unless they happen to stumble across them.  Anyhow, Happy Easter to everyone

1 comment: