Thursday, November 17, 2011

NFL Week 11 Game Predictions and Week 10 Recap

So we had a full slate of NFL games last week.  I went 10-6, which is pretty good considering the upsets and blowouts that went down last week. My record for the season is now 97-49, one game below .750.  I'd like to finish the season above .750 so I'll have to pull off some quality weeks in the next 7, including here in week 11.

The 6 games I missed last week were:

Last Thursday Game really shocked me.  I knew both teams weren't playing all that well, but around this time is when SD traditionally kicks it up a gear.  Falling to the Raiders hurts SD.  Luckily nobody is really out of it yet in the west as nobody seems to want to go ahead and pull away from the pack.  Even Denver's back into the fray.

The Titans blowout of the Panthers came out of nowhere.  Tennessee hadn't been playing all that well and in Carolina, you had a team that was in the majority of their games, largely in part to the spectacular play of rookie QB Cam Newton.  But Chris Johnson finally came to life last week and the team played extremely well in all areas of the game.

The Chicago game stunned me.  Not as in the game went Chicago's way, but in the manner it played out, a manner that saw Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson completely out of sync and with Stafford tossing a handful of picks.

The other two losses were Arizona over Philly and Seattle over Baltimore, just two favorites not showing up to play.  It happens every week, especially in a league where in most cases things are pretty close considering.

On to Week 11.

Thursday Night Football


NY Jets @ Denver Broncos

The Broncos are back in the hunt for the AFC West title and the Jets, despite their blowout last Sunday Night are still only 1 game back of the East lead.  I really don't know how to pick this game.  Logic tells me to go with the Jets, as they are the better team.  My heart tells me to go with the Broncos, as I love the Read Option, and despite everyone saying how running the ball 55 times in a game is overkill, I like the way Tebow runs it.  That said, I think the defensive mind of Rex Ryan will solve the Broncos running game and force Tebow to throw on them, which he may be able to do.  I just don't see it happening tonight.  Sanchez should be able to drive his team just enough times to win this game, even without LT in the mix.  NY Jets 20 Denver 16


Oakland Raiders @ Minnesota Vikings

I don't see the Vikings offense play as poorly as they did on Monday Night Football against the Pack, but I don't think they'll be able to keep up with Palmer and Moore.  Still no DMC, but outside of fantasy it doesn't really matter, as Bush is getting it done on the ground.  I look for a close game until midway through the third quarter, when the Raiders will pull away in this one.  Oakland 28 Minnesota 17


Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins

Really a tale of two teams here.  Buffalo started off the season on a tear, and if it weren't for some terrible officiating in the Bengals game and some bad breaks in the Giants game they could've been undefeated going into their game against the Jets.  Well they weren't, and they played like a terrible team, not only 2 weeks ago at home against the Jets, but even worse last week in Dallas.  Miami on the other hand has played some sound football the past 4 weeks, losing in the last couple minutes to Denver on Tebow's theatrics and then giving the Giants game away late in the third.  They followed those two performances with wins against KC and Washington and now have a reeling and injury plagued Bills team to contend with.  I easily could see the Dolphins adding another blowout to the Bills record, but I just think F-Jax and Fitzmagic will come to play this week, even if Stevie Johnson doesn't play.  Bills win in a close one.  Buffalo 31 Miami 30


Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cleveland Browns

The Browns are not very good and they have their own problems.  The Jags aren't very good and they have their own problems.  But, Jacksonville has a pretty good defense and they have MJD to pound the rock.  Jacksonville 21 Cleveland 14


Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati lost a close one to Pittsburgh last week and the Ravens got beat by a Seattle team in a game they easily should've won.  The Ravens tend to rebound after poor efforts against weaker teams and I see no reason why this trend won't continue this week at home against the Bengals.  Baltimore 21 Cincinnati 17


Carolina Panthers @ Detroit Lions

Could be a fun game.  We get to see how Newton reacts to a poor performance and the same can be said with Stafford.  I think Detroit takes this game to the Panthers and finishes them off early and often.  If they don't they may be in serious jeopardy of falling out of the wild card race.  Detroit 37 Carolina 24


Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Green Bay Packers

I'm never picking against Aaron Rodgers and the Pack.  They are the real deal and may not lose this year.  The Buccaneers are not in sync and I can't fathom a way they right their pirate ship this week in Green Bay.  Green Bay 35 Tampa Bay 9


Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Anything can happen with this rivalry.  But seriously I'm not picking the Redskins in any shape or form.  Dallas 30 Washington 13


Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49'ers

I'm sold on the Niners defense.  They do just enough offensively to get the wins.  The Cardinals don't scare me here.  Not against the Niners defense.  San Francisco 22 Arizona 12


Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams

I think we get a sloppy game here, not in terms of weather of course but in execution of offense.  I can see Marshawn Lynch having a big game here, but I still think the Rams pull it off, at home, with another week behind Bradford.  St. Louis 17 Seattle 14


Tennessee Titans @ Atlanta Falcons

Could be another good game.  That is, if the Titans play like they did last week.  I do see points scored here but I think the Falcons will come away victorious here.  Atlanta 28 Tennessee 23


San Diego Chargers @ Chicago Bears

I wanted to take the Chargers here, and if they are thinking about getting into the mix for their division they kind of have to.  But I just love the way Lovie Smith has his defense playing and the Chargers can be passed upon.  Look for a big game out of Jay Cutler and Matt Forte in this one.  Chicago 27 San Diego 21


Sunday Night Football


Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants

Will Vick play?  That's the big question.  But if he doesn't who will start Kafka or Young?  I don't think it matters either way.  If the Eagles have a chance at winning this game they need Mike Vick.  I don't see him playing and I see the Giants win this one in a rout.
NYG 28 Philadelphia 6


Monday Night Football


Kansas City Chiefs @ New England Patriots

Tyler Palko will be your KC starting QB.  He'll be going against Tom Brady.  Nuff said.  NE 49  KC 10


Pittsburgh, Houston and New Orleans get their Bye this week.  And for Colts fans, thankfully so does Indianapolis.

Enjoy a great weekend of football and don't forget that there's a game on NFL Network tonight, Jets @ Broncos.

No comments:

Post a Comment