Thursday, November 10, 2011

NFL Week 10 Game Predictions

Well, in week 9, I posted a terrible 8-6 mark.  I didn't compare past weeks performance, but I am fairly confident this record is my lowest for any of the weeks thus far.  Including last week, my record now stands at 87-43, still slightly above .750, yet 8-6 was very disappointing.

The games I missed on:

Jets over Bills:  Never saw this one coming.  I knew it was a possibility, in fact I thought the teams would split, but I had the loss coming in Jersey.

Denver over Oakland.  Willis McGahee was huge and Tebow came up big in the read option John Fox is running now in Denver.  It's funny, because as poorly Denver began the season, they are now right in the thick of things, only 1 game back of the other teams in the division, who at present are all 4-4.

Arizona over St. Louis.  I believe I said that I thought this game could have gone either way, but went with St. Louis based off their impressive win one week earlier.  Good for the Cards to pull one out the way the did, OT punt return by Peterson was impressive.

Baltimore over Pittsburgh.  Another close one.  I thought it could have gone either way, but with home field advantage and the way the teams had been playing leading up to this one, I didn't think the Steelers would lose.  I was wrong

NY Giants over NE patriots.  I really thought Brady and Co. would come out strong after losing the week before, but they didn't until late.  That comeback drive by Eli Manning was impressive, and as a Bills fan I'm glad it ended the way it did.

Chicago over Philadelphia.  Kind of shocked about this one, I really thought the Eagles would play better, especially Vick, but Cutler and Bennett impressed.

On to Week 10 and a full slate of 16 games:


Thursday Night Football


Oakland Raiders @ San Diego Chargers

First Thursday Night game of the year.  Both teems reeling a bit after back to back losses.  I like the raiders and Palmer long term, but I think the learning curve is great, especially with no DMC.  Rivers had an excellent game down the stretch last week, just coming short against powerhouse GB, so I expect they build upon that here.
San Diego 28 Oakland 20


Buffalo Bills @ Dallas Cowboys

I'd like to pick the Bills here, and with Miles Austin out they do have a better chance than with him in there, but they need to stop DeMarco Murray.  That's the key here, as I think the improved Dallas defense holds F-Jax, Fitz and Co. in relative check this week.  I see a close one, but unfortunately with Dallas winning at home.  Dallas 31 Buffalo 28


Tennessee Titans @ Carolina Panthers

I should probably take the Titans here, but I like what Newton is doing and I see some mismatches with Stewart and Smith against the Titans Defense.  Carolina 21 Tennessee 17


Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Who knows what Tampa offense we get this week.  It's tough to predict.  But what's not to predict is how well the Texans are running the football.  They probably get Andre Johnson back this week, but even if they hold him out another week I see a Houston victory likely here. Houston 31 Tampa Bay 20


Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts

Jags win easily.  MJD all day long.  Additionally I like the Jags defense here, they are underrated and should come up big against a Colts team that is not playing well at all.  Jacksonville 27 Indianapolis 13


Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles

Cards get Kolb back most likely, but Eagles will abuse the Arizona secondary and take revenge on their MNF performance.  Vick, Maclin, Jackson and McCoy-start em' with confidence in your fantasy leagues this week.  Philadelphia 34 Arizona 13


St. Louis Rams @ Cleveland Browns

I think this should be the lowest scoring game of the week.  I am tempted to take the Browns at home, but I'm going with St. Louis, as the Bradford to Lloyd connection should just keep getting stronger after a game and a week of practice are now in the books.  Look for a close one though.  St. Louis 13 Cleveland 10


Washington Redskins @ Miami Dolphins

Tale of two teams.  Redskins started hot and are now like ice, and not in a good way.  Miami was terrible and then the flip switched against the Giants.  Yes, they lost that game, but they figured out how to use Reggie Bush and it showed again in KC last week, where they got their first win.  Probably too late for anything this year, but they'll beat the Skins at home.  Miami 21 Washington 10


Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs

Who knows with KC, but I like the read option Tebow led Broncos a lot now and see this game as a rout.  Denver 34 KC 17


New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

Tough Divisional Match-up.  Atlanta at home makes a lot of sense, but I think Brees and Co. will keep it going this week in a close one, where a lot of points are put up.  NO 33 Atlanta 28


Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals

I guess we find out if Cincinnati is for real or not this week.  I think they are, but not up to Pittsburgh's status yet.  Big Ben is slinging the ball all around and will have a tough test against an NFL top defense, but I think they'll do enough to get it done.  Pittsburgh 17 Cincinnati 14


New York Giants @ San Francisco 49'ers

Wow I am really looking forward to this game.  The Cinderella darling niners, where I have to believe Harbaugh is a strong leader for coach of the year right now.  What a defense.  Should be interesting to see how it fares against a pretty hot Giants offense.  I think the Giants pull it out in San Fran.  NYG 26 SF 18


Baltimore Ravens @ Seattle Seahawks

I don't care how great Lynch and Rice are playing.  I can't pick them, even with an above average home defense and a schizophrenic QB in Flacco going against them.  I like Baltimore on the road.
Baltimore 34 Seattle 9


Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

Detroits rested but they may be without their kicker Hanson.  Could be a big deal as I see this game going back and forth for three quarters, with the visitors pulling it out in the 4th.  Detroit 35 Chicago 31


Sunday Night Football


New England Patriots @ NY Jets

I know the Jets just one a huge game last week and the Pats have dropped two straight.  I'm just not a believer in the Jets offense.  We know the NY defense is great but they can be ran on and Brady is Brady.  I see a good game for the first half with NE making the proper adjustments at halftime and owning the second half of play.  NE 27 NYJ 21


Monday Night Football


Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings

Rookie QB Christian Ponder almost pulled off the upset of upsets in his first ever start, coming close to tying the game late, and that was on the road.  Green Bay has been dominating teams early and letting them back in the game late.  I can't see the Vikings shocking the world here but it should be very much like their first go round.  GB 35 Minnesota 28

Enjoy a full slate of football, and don't forget about tonights game.

No comments:

Post a Comment