Friday, October 28, 2011

NFL Week 8 Game Predictions

Week 7 of the NFL season was not my favorite week of the season so far.  Boy is that an understatement.  Every game I wound up watching was either miserable to watch, TB-CHI, CAR-WAS, MIA-DEN, or complete and utter blowouts, DAL-STL, NO-IND.  Then you have the games you check out, simply to see how a certain player does.  Well this week it was a game time decision on Carson Palmer, and after an abysmal first half by Kyle Boller, you knew the new raider signal caller would be under center in the second half.  Well, that was a disappointment as well, 3 picks-wow.

The best games were GB-Min, which, of course, I avoided thinking blow-out, and the MNF game, which turned out to be a pretty good game, a bit of a surprise, but a good game.

As far as predicting goes, well, I went 8-5.  This was definitely one of those weeks I wish I could have back.  In any case my season record is now 71-32.

The games I predicted incorrectly were:

The Jacksonville, KC games were just completely against conventional thinking I won't go into any detail.  I'd pick them the same way this week, even after knowing what happened last week.

The Houston game wasn't as much a surprise regarding the outcome, but the manner in which Tennessee was manhandled all day long, that was a shock.

I have to give Atlanta some credit, I didn't think they'd be able to beat the Lions last week.  Stafford wasn't his best and Turner had a good game.

I guess I should have included the Jets-Chargers game as a good game, if not the, game of the week.  But I hate the Jets so I wasn't happy about that comeback.  Rivers was terrible down the stretch there, typified by his last throw of the game.  Really left you scratching your head.

Anyhow, onto Week 8.

Indianapolis @ Tennessee

Both teams were the victims of blowouts last week.  Indy's been bad all year though.  I have to go with Tennessee here.  If Chris Johnson's going to get it going he'll have the best opportunity he'll have had all year this week.  Tennessee 31  Indianapolis 13


New Orleans @ St. Louis

NO just blew out Indy, and now they get the Rams.  Great schedule.  Well, for St. Louis fans sakes, I'm pulling for the cards tonight. A win there will keep them on cloud 9 and anything the Rams do, or don't do, on Sunday will be irrelevant.  NO 42  STL 10


Minnesota @ Carolina

Ponder looked pretty good in his first start by all accounts.  But Cam Newton's been phenomenal all year.  Have to go Panthers here.  Hopefully it'll be a good game though.  Carolina 28 Minnesota 17


Arizona @ Baltimore

Easy one.  Arizona can't defend the pass + Baltimore just being embarrassed on MNF= Baltimore 35 Arizona 14


Jacksonville @ Houston

The Jags did a great job stopping Ray Rice on MNF.  The question is can they stop Arian Foster?  I don't think they'll be able to enough of it to win the game.  Houston 21 Jacksonville 7


Detroit @ Denver

I'm a Tim Tebow Fan, but he was brutal for 55 minutes of that game against the Dolphins last week.  Detroit is too good to overcome such a performance this week.  I think Timmy will rebound but nowhere near enough the level he'll have to.  Detroit 35  Denver 21


New England @ Pittsburgh

Good thing Big Ben's been slinging the rock around lately.  He'll need to do the same this week against the Patriots.  Should be a close game decided by who can score more points.  Yes, I know that's the bottom line in any game, but it really holds true here.  Can the Steelers offense keep up with Brady & Co?  Not likely.  NE 37  Pitt 30


Cleveland @ San Francisco

No real signs of life out of the Browns last week.  The Niners have an elite defense and are at home.  Sit any of your Cleveland fantasy players this week.  SF 16  Cleveland 3


Cincinnati @ Seattle

Seattle plays tough at home, and has put some nice defensive efforts on their as well this year.  Cincinnati's defense has been great all year. Low scoring game with the Bengals on top.  Cincinnati 13  Seattle 6


Miami @ New York Giants


Miami is firmly entrenched in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes at this point.  The Giants look as if the NFC East is their's to lose.  I cannot see a possible scenario where Miami wins this win.  NYG 38 Miami 14


Washington @ Buffalo in Toronto

I think Fitz and the boys will have plenty enough firepower to outscore Beck and the Skins.  Buffalo 34 Washington 24


Sunday Night Football


Dallas @ Philadelphia

Tough divisional matter.  Starting off as poorly as the Eagles have, every games a must-win.  But that said I think the Cowboys are playing better football and despite a few poor decisions this year by their QB, they're the better team right now.  Dallas 20 Philadelphia 17


Monday Night Football


San Diego @ Kansas City

I'm actually seeing some people picking the Chiefs here.  I can't see it. I know how poorly Rivers has been playing lately but the Chiefs are not any good no matter how you slice it.  I think Phil and the Bolts get well in this game, despite the hostile Arrowhead crowd. SD 26 KC 23


Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Chicago, New York Jets, Green Bay and Oakland have Week 8 Byes

Enjoy a great weekend of Football


No comments:

Post a Comment